Sunday, June 13, 2010

90boxes of books, 15 ready to ship. One more week till Ghana



So, one more week till I fly to Ghana (leaving on the jet plane, but I know exactly when I will come back again, August the 12th). Red eye flight (zzzzzing...and some book reading). Anyways, it total, this spring, about 90 boxes of books were donated, approximately 75 of them from Sutherland alone, teachers, students, and the library collection. Which means, from Sutherland Middle, there were about 3100 books, with 1003 books from just one teacher's classes, Mrs. Benham. Thank You Rachel Benham!
The rest were donated from younger students at my Karate academy and kids from my church. Of these 90 boxes, I will be shipping about 15 today, Monday the 14th to arrive first week of August. The 9 boxes I shipped early April will be arriving this week to join the ones I sent in last fall November. Which means, when these 15 boxes arrive in the summer, there will be a total of approximately 28 boxes of books sent across the ocean.

Here's a picture of some of the boxes. 90 boxes roughly equals to 4500 books. I also collected school supplies, pencils, pens, color pencils, crayons, notebooks, things the Ghanain students and teachers could use that students here are giving up for the end of the year.
Have a great summer and thanks for the donations, SMS SCA and several colleagues! I'm certain the students of Nana Kwaku Boateng primary and Junior High will be very appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment